Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Lost in Randburg ...

So, I set out today to register for Telkom service so we can get DSL and then back to the car dealer for my temporary tags. This involved driving first to Rosedale (and no, my rider wasn't by my side ) and then to Randburg. I found both places fairly easily, but I missed my turn on the way back home since there are very few road signs here. I drove almost all the way to Pretoria before I realized that I messed up. Anyone wanna buy us a Garmin as a "welcome to Africa" gift?

We will post many more pics of Sandton and its environs as soon as we get an internet connection that works reliably. What we have now is "spotty" at best.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris! Great blog! What an amazing adventure you guys are going to have. I'll check back often to see what's new. Catch you later. Aaron

Unknown said...

Wow some adventure! You should by a GPS anyway! It will save u a ton of trouble when you travel around Africa.

Unknown said...

Hey Chris!
I'm glad you are feeling adventurous enough to

Unknown said...

Sorry, jumpy fingers. Glad you are out and about. By the time we get there you'll be able to find your way to CAPETOWN.
SUSAN
DONT YOUR FINGERS WORK???
gCHAT IN THE AM???
xoxo
mom

Abby said...

Cous! That sucks!! I'm glad you have such a good attitude about this side trip though... did you see any elephants on the side of the road or anything? Seriously...

xoxo
abby